California Online Payday Loans
How the Online Payday Loan Process Works
Apply online or at one of our local Branches. It's simple and secure.
Once your loan verification documents are received, approval only takes minutes.
Cash in Hand
You choose how to get your money: deposited to your bank, prepaid debit card or pick up in a Branch. It's that easy.
Moneytree is the best provider of payday loans and other financial services. Whether you apply online or in a branch, a Moneytree payday loan is fast, simple and secure.
What do I need to apply?
As part of the application process, you will need to provide the following:
- Your ID and Social Security Number (or Alien Registration number or ITIN)
- Your address and phone number(s)
- Your source(s) of income
- An open checking account
Due to limitations imposed by the Military Lending Act, Moneytree does not make loans to "covered borrowers," a term which includes active duty members of the military, their spouses and dependents.
How is my loan due date determined?
Your loan will be due on the date set forth in the loan agreement. If your next payday is within 9 days from the date you take out the loan, you can repay on the following payday. The maximum loan term per California law is 31 days.
How much does a payday loan cost?
The fee for a loan is approximately $17.65 per $100 borrowed. For example, a $100 loan due in 14 days would have a total repayment amount of $117.65 and has an APR (Annual Percentage Rate) of 460.16%.*
*The Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") is the cost of your loan expressed as a yearly rate. The actual APR for your loan may be higher or lower, depending on the actual amount you borrow and your actual repayment schedule.
Click to View Sample Loan Fees
Loans scheduled to be paid by ACH or post-dated check: Payments can be made online at moneytreeinc.com/payments on or before 1 PM PST on the payment due date using your debit card or checking account.
Loans scheduled to be paid by ACH or post-dated check: Call Customer Service at 1-800-745-1011 before 2 PM PST on or before the payment due date to make a telephone payment using your debit card.
Loans payments scheduled to be paid in cash: Call Customer Service 1-800-745-1011 before 11 PM PT on or before the payment due date to make a telephone payment using our debit card.
You can prepay your loan in full prior to the due date with no prepayment penalty.
Loan renewals are not available in California.
You may refinance your installment loan once you have paid down at least $1,300 or 50% of the loan principal. Installment loans may be refinanced up to three (3) times, after which time the loan must be repaid in full before additional credit may be extended.
Payment options vary depending on your loan agreement.
- You can write a post-dated check at loan origination for repayment. Your paper check will be turned into an electronic check for presentation to your bank. If you wish, you can opt to have your paper check physically deposited rather than electronically presented.
- You can repay your loan in full, in cash, before the deposit time on the due date in any Moneytree Branch.
- You can repay your loan in full using your debit card in any Branch.
- You can repay your loan in full online using your debit card or your checking account information.
- You can also repay your loan in full over the phone using your debit card.
- You can make your loan payment in cash, before the end of business on the due date in any Moneytree Branch.
- You can make your loan payment using your debit card in any Branch.
- You can make your loan payment online using your debit card or checking account information.
- You can also make your loan payment over the phone using your debit card.
Your loan will be due on the date set forth in the loan agreement.
If your next payday is within 9 days from the date you take out the loan, you can repay on the following payday. The maximum loan term per California law is 31 days.
Payment due dates are based on your pay schedule with payments due on each payday (or next calendar day) throughout the term of the loan.
If you are unable to pay your loan when it is due, Moneytree offers a payment plan for payday loans only. You must request a payment plan before the deposit time on the day your loan is due to restructure the payment terms to at least four (4) substantially equal payments. You may choose this option once per 12-month period. There is no charge to enter into the payment plan.
You can obtain additional details by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-745-1011 or by visiting a Branch.
If your check or ACH returns unpaid, you will be charged a one-time $15 fee. You can reach Moneytree's Payment Center at 1-888-516-6643 for more information.
Customer Notice: There are a wide variety of loan products available in the marketplace, so your choice of lending products should match your financial needs. Small-dollar loans used over a long period of time can be expensive. Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight pursuant to the CA Deferred Deposit Transaction Law to make consumer loans.
Licensing information is available upon request. Moneytree is registered with the federal government as a Money Services Business (MSB).
Loans made or arranged pursuant to a California Financing Law license.