Moneytree works hard to be the best provider of payday loans and other financial services. Whether you apply online or in a branch, a Moneytree Payday Loan is fast, simple and secure.
What do I need to apply?
As part of the application process, you will need to provide the following:
- Your ID and Social Security Number (or Alien Registration number or ITIN)
- Your address and phone number(s)
- Your source(s) of income
- An open checking account
Due to limitations imposed by the Military Lending Act, Moneytree does not make loans to "covered borrowers," a term which includes active duty members of the military, their spouses and dependents. Learn More
Have a question?
Contact our Customer Service Team between 6am and 11pm PST, seven days a week.
- Phone: 877.613.MONY (6669)
- Email: email@example.com
What is the term of a payday loan?
The term of a payday loan is determined by the frequency of your paydays. If your next payday is within 9 days from the date you take out the loan, you can choose to repay your loan on the subsequent payday. The maximum loan term per the California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law is 31 days.
How much does a payday loan cost?
The fee for a loan is $17.65 per $100 borrowed. This means that the APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for a 14-day loan would be 460.16%.*
*The Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") is the cost of your loan expressed as a yearly rate. The actual APR for your loan may be higher or lower, depending on the actual amount you borrow and your actual repayment schedule.
Customer Notice: A single payday advance is typically for two to four weeks. However, borrowers often use these loans over a period of months, which can be expensive. Payday advances are not recommended as long-term financial solutions.
Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight
pursuant to the CA Deferred Deposit Transaction Law to make consumer loans.
Moneytree is a member of the Community Financial Services Association (CFSA), the Financial Service Centers of America (FiSCA), California Financial Service Providers Association (CFSP), and the Colorado Financial Services Centers Association (COFiSCA). Moneytree actively supports laws, regulations and industry best practices that protect consumers and preserve access to credit. As a member of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA), our company encourages responsible industry practices and proudly supports and abides by CFSA’s Best Practices
Can I extend my loan due date?
Please call or visit any Moneytree Branch or contact our Customer Service Team at 1.800.745.1011 to discuss extending a loan or payment due date.
Can I pay my loan payments online or over the phone?
- Loans scheduled to be paid by ACH or post-dated check: Payments can be made online at moneytreeinc.com/payments on or before 1 pm Pacific Time on the payment due date using your debit card or checking account.
- Loans scheduled to be paid by ACH or post-dated check: Call Customer Service at 1.800.745.1011 before 2 pm Pacific Time on or before the payment due date to make a telephone payment using your debit card.
Can I pay off my loan before it is due?
You can prepay your loan in full prior to the due date with no prepayment penalty.
Can I renew my payday loan or refinance my installment loan?
- Loan renewals are not available in California.
- You may refinance your installment loan once you have paid down at least $1,300 or 50% of the loan principal. Installment loans may be refinanced up to three (3) times, after which time the loan must be repaid in full before additional credit may be extended.
How do I repay my consumer loan?
Payment options vary depending on your loan agreement.
- You can write a post-dated check at loan origination for repayment. Your paper check will be turned into an electronic check for presentation to your bank. If you wish, you can opt to have your paper check physically deposited rather than electronically presented.
- You can repay your loan in full, in cash, before the deposit time on the due date in any Moneytree Branch.
- You can repay your loan in full using your debit card in any Branch.
- You can repay your loan in full online using your debit card or your checking account information.
- You can also repay your loan in full over the phone using your debit card.
- You can make your loan payment in cash, before the end of business on the due date in any Moneytree Branch.
- You can make your loan payment using your debit card in any Branch.
- You can make your loan payment online using your debit card or checking account information.
- You can also make your loan payment over the phone using your debit card.
How is my loan due date determined?
Your loan will be due on the date set forth in the loan agreement.
- If your next payday is within 9 days from the date you take out the loan, you can repay on the following payday. The maximum loan term per California law is 31 days.
- Payment due dates are based on your pay schedule with payments due on each payday (or next calendar day) throughout the term of the loan.
What if I am unable to repay my loan on my due date?
If you are unable to pay your loan when it is due, Moneytree offers a payment plan for payday loans only. You must request a payment plan before the deposit time on the day your loan is due to restructure the payment terms to at least four (4) substantially equal payments. You may choose this option once per 12-month period. There is no charge to enter into the payment plan.
You can obtain additional details by contacting Customer Service at 1.800.745.1011 or by visiting a Branch
What if I default on my loan?
If your check or ACH returns unpaid, you will be charged a one-time $15 fee. You can reach Moneytree's Payment Center at 1.888.516.6643 for more information.
How do I repay my online Payday Loan?
Just as with receiving the loan proceeds, the process is automatic and convenient. An electronic withdrawal will be made from the account you provided to us on your loan application on the loan's due date via an ACH transaction. If you would prefer to pay from a different account, you may pay online. You can use a different checking account or pay with a Visa or MasterCard debit card. Online payments can be made until 1 pm Pacific Time on the loan payment due date. Phone debit payments can be made until 2 pm Pacific Time on the loan payment due date.
If you aren’t sure about your loan due date or the amount you owe, please call the Customer Service Team at 877.613.6669. They are available between 6am and 11pm, seven days a week.