California Payday Loans
Thank you for considering Moneytree. We know that making an informed financial decision is important. We invite you to learn more about the payday loan we offer in California. Moneytree has been in the business of helping people since 1983. It's our mission to provide customer service that exceeds our customers' expectations.
Qualifying for a Moneytree Payday Loan
As part of the application process, you will need to provide the following:
- Your ID and Social Security Number (or Alien Registration number or ITIN)
- Your address and phone number(s)
- Your source(s) of income
- An open checking account
Due to limitations imposed by the Military Lending Act, Moneytree does not make loans to "covered borrowers," a term which includes active duty members of the military, their spouses and dependents. Learn More
The fee for a loan is $17.65 per $100 borrowed. This means that the APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for a 14-day loan would be 460.16%.*
*The Annual Percentage Rate ("APR") is the cost of your loan expressed as a yearly rate. The actual APR for your loan may be higher or lower, depending on the actual amount you borrow and your actual repayment schedule.
Moneytree offers two simple ways to apply for a payday loan
- Visit a Moneytree branch. To find a branch near you, please use our branch locator.
- Apply online. Complete the short application; we'll review it and contact you if more information is needed.
If you’re already a branch customer, set up an online account and complete the online application
to apply for your first online loan.
How fast will I receive my money?
After you’ve been approved you will be able to request the amount you need and choose how you will receive your loan funds. You can have your funds instantly deposited onto the prepaid debit card you purchased at Moneytree, directly deposited into your checking account (between 1-3 business days from today for online loans only), or pick up your funds at a branch immediately.
Call 877.613.6669 or visit our "find a branch" page for the location nearest you. Find the same great service at a branch or online!
If you applied online, an electronic withdrawal may be made from the account you provided to us on your loan application on the loan’s due date via ACH transaction. If you applied in a branch, depending on your preference, an electronic check or paper check may be presented to your bank for payment on the loan’s due date. Payments* may be made at any Moneytree branch prior to 3 pm (PST) on the loan due date or online prior to 1 pm (PST). If you are unsure about your loan due date or the amount you owe, please call Customer Service at: 877.613.6669. Contact our Customer Service Team between 6am and 11pm PST, seven days a week (every day except Christmas Day).
* The timing for the payment alternatives differs for loans set up for payment by paper check. Call any Moneytree branch or Customer Service for more information about timing if you want to make a cash or online payment.
Moneytree Payday Loan Fees and Comparisons
Payday loan fee charged by Moneytree in California for a $100 loan
Print California Payday Loan Application
- 1Annual percentage rate
- 22008 Fee Analysis of Bank and Credit Union Non-Sufficient Funds and Overdraft Protection Programs Bankrate.com
- 3FDIC Study of Bank Overdraft Programs
- 4CARD Act - Truth in Lending Act - safe harbor, first late payment
- 5CARD Act - Truth in Lending Act - safe harbor, more than one late payment in 6 months
Customer Notice: A single payday advance is typically for two to four weeks. However, borrowers often use these loans over a period of months, which can be expensive. Payday advances are not recommended as long-term financial solutions.
Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight pursuant to the CA Deferred Deposit Transaction Law to make consumer loans.